CO2 Drop Checker Result

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Delapool

AA Member
Site Team
The fluval co2 drop checker went in yesterday but not sure I'm reading it right? I put my hand behind it and it looked like a yellowy green maybe?

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1420719492.033834.jpg

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1420719510.582294.jpg

Many thanks! Is that an ok reading?

Also how often should I change the liquid? The box said every 2 to 4 weeks.

If I remember correctly, the fluval comes with it's own pre-mixed solution. If you have a liquid pH kit (low range), you may want to add a drop or two from that to make the color easier to see.

Many thanks! Is that an ok reading?

Also how often should I change the liquid? The box said every 2 to 4 weeks.

It's right where you want it, but watch your fish to be sure. (y)

I'm not sure how often you'll need to change the liquid. I'm guessing you won't have to change it that often. I just started using one about a month ago, and I plan on changing it when the color starts to fade. I don't see any reason to do it sooner.

It's right where you want it, but watch your fish to be sure. (y)

I'm not sure how often you'll need to change the liquid. I'm guessing you won't have to change it that often. I just started using one about a month ago, and I plan on changing it when the color starts to fade. I don't see any reason to do it sooner.

Many thanks. That's better than I expected. I thought I would be low co2 reading off the ph/kh charts even allowing for errors :)

I did check the ph and kh anyway for comparison and got about 18ppm co2 from the chart.

I'll shift the checker on the weekend and see if I can find somewhere better for it.

Edit - checked fish. They said they are ok but don't get fed very often :) Will keep an eye on them.

Back
Top Bottom