CO2 Glass Difuser

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lonewolfblue

Aquarium Advice Addict
I got this glass diffuser with my Milwaukee regulator and other things, but there's no instructions how to use it. Do I just plug the co2 line onto it, or do I need to add water to it first? It's bell-shaped, with a spiral glass tube inside, which from what I seen, is in itself a bubble counter. Can I just run it dry, as I already have a bubble counter on my regulator, or is it necessary to add water? Then I just need to get an airline suction cup so I can stick it on the inside of the tank.

I'm just wondering, since I'm low on funds and just going to use the glass diffuser til I get more money saved up, if I were to place the glass diffuser right under the intake of either a cannister filter or a powerhead, would that work better than the diffuser alone? That way if there's any bubbles that form, they go into the intake and get diffused. Any thoughts on that?

Placing it under the intake will work. So will putting it under the outtake of your filter. Try both and see which one works best for you. It will vary from tank to tank depending on water flow, circulation etc....

Back
Top Bottom