CO2 injections questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Heavy

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello everyone,

As you can see my plants look sad lol. When I got them they looked much more healthier n green. I do have a CORALIFE COLORMAX 28w t5 spectrum light n I add some flora pride vitamins but no luck.

How can I go about a SAFE way to introduce co2 into my tank?

Also this might seem dumb in every aspect but I was thinking, is it possible to take a straw and breathe into my tank close to the plants?, I mean we do exhale co2, right?

Attachments

• image-3925118899.jpg
    image-3925118899.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 78
  • image-3389046033.jpg
    image-3389046033.jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 77
  • image-916485873.jpg
    image-916485873.jpg
    166.9 KB · Views: 76
Yes but not ample amounts, if we did CPR would kill people not revive them. I have seen co2 boosters at my lfs don't know if they work though

You could always try a liquid form of carbon. API CO2 Booster and Seachem Flourish Excel are two products you can order online and may be found in some shops. Both contain a substance called Glutaraldehyde. Simple to use; just measure and pour it in once a day.
You could try DYI CO2. There are several threads on the subject.
Your lighting will determine whether or not CO2 is needed. Generally the more light, then the greater the need for CO2. That is something you should investigate before investing in something like a pressurized CO2 system.
I'm sure the straw-breath thing has been tried before. I am not certain of the concentration of CO2 when one exhales, but I believe it is too low to make a difference. I could be wrong on that.

You could always try a liquid form of carbon. API CO2 Booster and Seachem Flourish Excel are two products you can order online and may be found in some shops. Both contain a substance called Glutaraldehyde. Simple to use; just measure and pour it in once a day.
You could try DYI CO2. There are several threads on the subject.
Your lighting will determine whether or not CO2 is needed. Generally the more light, then the greater the need for CO2. That is something you should investigate before investing in something like a pressurized CO2 system.
I'm sure the straw-breath thing has been tried before. I am not certain of the concentration of CO2 when one exhales, but I believe it is too low to make a difference. I could be wrong on that.

Lol cool man thanks for the help.

DIY co2 injection is prolly the way to go is your on a budget it will cost around 10-20 dollars. Just make sure you use a gas chamber and check valves so the contents of the bottle don't seep into your tank.

DIY co2 injection is prolly the way to go is your on a budget it will cost around 10-20 dollars. Just make sure you use a gas chamber and check valves so the contents of the bottle don't seep into your tank.

Yeah I heard those are great. But I have fish in my tank it's not a planted only aquarium. Will it affect my fish?

I have a fluval flora tank and it with a C2o defuser. As for the substrate I personally use Stratum
Here is a pic for example

Attachments

• image-3547437757.jpg
    image-3547437757.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 71
  • image-1396852575.jpg
    image-1396852575.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 63
It hasn't done anything to my cichlids you'll no if there is too much co2 in the water because the ph will drop.

Back
Top Bottom