Co2 into a sunsun

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Abiduwhabi

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello all,

So, i have a sunsun 403b that I'm running on one of my planted tanks. I've decided to give pressurized co2 a go on this tank. It's a 20# co2 tank with the premium aquatek reg.

Now, my question is can I just run the co2 tube into the sunsun intake tube, or should I be looking at another way to inject it?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I disperse co2 into my tanks through powerheads. I feed it into the venturi inlet. The impeller chops it up very fine, and the PH shoots it into the tank. I have found this is the most effective way for me.

I used to feed my co2 into the intake of my filter. The noise created by the bubbles hitting the impeller drove me nuts, and I would think a power head would be just as loud. Then someone made the comment how corrosive co2 is over time, so to save my filter as much as I could, I went with an inline diffuser on my outflow line. It's silent and very effective.

I have a diffuser hooked up underneath the intake to my canister filter. The tiny bubbles from the diffuser makes it so the impeller doesn't have to chop up the big bubbles giving a silent operation.

I started to go with in-line diffusing then decided I would enjoy watching the fine mist of bubbles coming from the ceramic diffuser in the tank. I have it mounted where most of them get sucked into the intake of my canister. For me the CO2 distribution has been excellent. Just one bubble per second for a 29 gallon tank is enough to change the drop checker to the optimum green color. Admittedly not as efficient as in-line diffusing.
OS.

The only concern I would have is since the impeller is on top of the canister it could become air locked but you would have to be pushing quiet a bit of co2

I have my CO2 diffusing into a Fluval 206 canister at a rate of one bubble per second. That small amount of bubbles has never cause the filter to make any noise or bubble in anyway. I could not consider an in-line diffuser because I already have a UV sterilizer spliced in to the return line. I am using a GLA atomic ceramic 55 mm diffuser. I am liking it very well. OS.

What size tank is this? People have done this before without much of a problem, but it might be a problem if you're injecting too much into it.

Is there a reason you're wanting to avoid more conventional methods?

It's a 55 gallon, just wanting to check all my options.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

You could always build yourself a co2 reactor I did didn't cost me anymore then 25 30 dollars and you get 99 to 100% dissolved co2 no waste.

Back
Top Bottom