co2 kit question.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

owen0992

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am looking at maybe buying the fluvial mini co2 kit for my 10 gallon tank. I was wondering if any of you guys have it and would recommend it? I was also wondering about how long one canister of co2 lasts?

If you have the money I would highly recommend investing in a paintball regulator and cylinder. If that's not an option I would highly suggest spending the extra $30 or so for the fluval 88g kit rather than the smaller kit. I have the 88g on my 20g and I works great and I'm actually quite fond of it, but the cylinder only lasts about 3 weeks or so at 1bps and the refills are $18 at my LFS or 3 for $35 on amazon I think, this quickly adds up, believe me. I have the smaller fluval kit that came with the fluval flora 8g and its good, but no pressure gauge and came with a crummy bubble ladder and it will probably only last 3 weeks or so per cylinder again. I tried to get an adapter for the 88g regulator so that it would accept a paintball cylinder, but their gauge has a fail safe that wont allow anything higher than 1000 psi, so using a PB tank didn't help.

Back
Top Bottom