Co2 level too high?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Peyton

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok I got my nitrate and phosphate test kits in today. Nitrate was at 40 ppm so I'm doing a water change tonight to try and get that down a bit. Phosphates were at 0.0 so I think I found the nutrient that was missing :lol: . Also I said in a previous thread that my ph was never lower than 7.6, well I tested yesturday and it tested at 6.8. Using chucks planted aquarium calculator it said co2 levels were very high at 37 ppm. I did not see fish at the surface gasping for air but what is the best course of action when co2 levels are too high? Water change maybe? This is a DIY setup BTW.

yuor co2 levels can remain high as long as your kh and ph are in check. u need to remember that you are not removing oxygen from the from the tank your are just adding co2. so as long as your fish ar not gasping keep your levels that high. there should be no problems.

Your CO2 levels are just fine. I keep mine above 58ppm. But I'm under ultra-high lighting, and need to keep my ph low with the CO2 injection.

Nice work. Your addressing the PO4 deficiency will drop NO3. You could probably do your "reset" water change on your regular schedule if wanted.

Since it is DIY CO2, the output will fluctuate. Agree completely with mr funktastic and LWB, and suggest that you try to keep CO2 high to minimize the effects of that fluctuation.

Thank you all for the responses and help. I'll post some pics to this thread in a few weeks and show some before and after shots.

Back
Top Bottom