CO2 Mix

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is the best article I have read about the subject... I combined this guys sterilization process and Purrbox's recipe and I can not say enough about how well it has worked out for me as far as c02 production.

http://www.qsl.net/w2wdx/aquaria/diyco2.html

Also, while the following quote is from a bread making article, I feel it helps to know this little factoid about yeast and sugar:

If too much sugar is added, it slows yeast fermentation. Yeast competes with the sugar for the moisture in the recipe, with the sugar always succeeding taking it away from the yeast. This leaves the yeast cells without sufficient moisture to grow properly. The yeast action becomes sluggish and slow, and the dough doesn't rise as it should. Therefore, sweet breads are usually dense and not as large as sandwich breads. That's why dough rich in sugar (or other sweeteners), fruits or nuts often requires Vital Wheat Gluten.

I got a bit of champagne yeast and it definitely works better and much longer than the regular Red Star bread yeast I was using before.

I don't agree with some of the methods listed here like bothering to sterilize or mixing the yeast seperately, I tried several of those suggestions side by side with another bottle and there was absolutely no difference. Keep it simple!

I don't agree with some of the methods listed here like bothering to sterilize or mixing the yeast seperately, I tried several of those suggestions side by side with another bottle and there was absolutely no difference. Keep it simple!

Boiling water is hard?

Back
Top Bottom