Co2 mixtures

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Yellow Eye Tang

Aquarium Advice Freak
I was just looking for a detailed breakdown of how to mix a yeast/sugar water mixture in a 2 liter bottle. Mine just doesnt seem to be producing as well as I would think. I mix 2 cups of sugar into luke warm water and then add yeast. Should I be wating for all the sugar to dissolve before the yeast? Should I shake the bottle all up with the yeast and sugar in it? Those are some of the sorts of answers I'm looking for. Thanks everyone :)

i mix 2 cups of sugar to a teaspoon of yeast. i mix the sugar with warm water and shake it up and try to dissolve it as best as possible. in another container i mix the yeast with warm water and shake it up good and let it sit for about 5 minutes. then i put it all together and shake it up and i'm good to go

In a 2L bottle I fill it up half way with warm water and add 1 cup of sugar. Shake that around until it fully dissolves. Once thats done add the rest of the water until there is roughly a 3'' gap between the top of the bottle and the mixture. Then I add a 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda, and then a 1/4 teaspoon of yeast. Give it a good shake for a minute or two, and everytime for me, it starts producing CO2 in the matter of 30 minutes.

I am pretty much same to the above.... there is no "perfect" way to do it.. It al depends how much co2 you want and what method you are using to diffuse.

Best thing is trial and error.... Record your measurements of ingredients and if you are not happy with how the batch went.... change the ratio of yeast to sugar on your next bottle.

Took me 5 different tries to get the exact bubble count I wanted and to make it last for a least 1 week.

Sometimes it is best to let the yeast start growing before adding it to the mixture. I have found I start the yeast with one tablespoon sugar and about a cup of warm water (about the temperature of a baby bottle) then I mix up the sugar and water I do that by adding very hot water to the sugar and dissolving it. By the time that is cooled down the yeast has had a chance to grow.

Back
Top Bottom