Co2 not working??? PLZ HELP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishayFishay

Aquarium Advice Freak
So basically I had my co2 running fine on some questionable air tubing that eventually popped, I learned my lesson there and I got co2 proof tubing but it's been awhile since I had my co2 on it's just been sitting there for 3 weeks or so.

I got the new tubing and my psi was preset to 50psi just randomly lowered to like 30... should I be worried? Is that why my co2 isn't even coming out. I can turn it on like how I used to have it and I see nothing from the diffuser. I'm so confused. Someone plz help.

30 psi should be good enough .. the random drop I can only assumed was built up pressure at your shut off

disconnect from your diffuser and check to see if thee is any output. Your diffuser could be plugged. You can soak it in bleach water for awhile and rinse it

are there check valves... verify they still operate

is the solenoid firing... .. you may have ot check psi at every junction if there is a bad component in the system

check for some leaks. Make sure no splits in the hose. Use a solution of water and dish soap. Try to keep it from getting all suddzy then use a spray bottle and check some connections. if no spray bottle you can pour soapy water over it and have lots of towels or dunk in a bucket

what kind of metering valve do you have.... if you have a metering valve rule number one is to not treat like a shutoff valve. over tightening a metering valve can damage it.

Psi isn't the greatest indicator. I have my regulator at 3psi and can make the output look like a powerhead if the needle valves are all the way open. Funken has good advice.

I did everything you said and realized it was the diffuser that I think drowned as I left it in there the whole time. Which was kind of stupid now that I think of it. I have it in bleach water for now, I tried leaving it out to dry for a day or two but it still is not working so I'm doing what you told me and see where it goes from there.

Back
Top Bottom