Co2 question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
thras said:
Tyvm for all ur help both of u gave me loads rookie u should change ur name to aquariummaster2.0 lol u have helped me alot thanks

+1 for aquariummaster2.0

Lol idk but I thought 2.0 would sound good I guess fort could be 1.0 didn't he teach rookie?

thras said:
Lol idk but I thought 2.0 would sound good I guess fort could be 1.0 didn't he teach rookie?

They are the best in my book! What makes it even better is that they are so modest about it!

Yea rookie and fort both have put up with me pming them alot lol I had tons of questions about plants because I have never done them before but they have been vary nice about it I also found out more about soft water cichlids water parameters so I am thankful for them putting up with me just that I never had anyone to help before I had to learn on my own and worked for a petstore and my boss didn't know much about fish so I learned what I could by reading so it's nice having people with experience about all this to help me with things I though u had to do but u don't like actually make the water so soft for discus or other soft water fish *reminder that I can't wait to get a bigger tank to keep discus again*

I built the same type reactor for my Fluval 305. I could not find metric barbs so I bought a hose with an inner diameter 5/8" and only had to use it from the cannister output to the reactor input. It fit tightly enough on the cannister connection and the screw tightened enough to prevent leaks. From the output of the reactor into the tank I was able to use the hose that came with the cannister, the rubber fitting that is designed to go onto the cannister connection is what allowed me to do this. Just put some teflon tape onto the barb to help with the seal.

Edward61 said:
I built the same type reactor for my Fluval 305. I could not find metric barbs so I bought a hose with an inner diameter 5/8" and only had to use it from the cannister output to the reactor input. It fit tightly enough on the cannister connection and the screw tightened enough to prevent leaks. From the output of the reactor into the tank I was able to use the hose that came with the cannister, the rubber fitting that is designed to go onto the cannister connection is what allowed me to do this. Just put some teflon tape onto the barb to help with the seal.

Word for word that is exactly what I did :D. I also used some of those clamps that you tighten with a screwdriver. (I don't want 40 gallons of water on my floor lol)

Ok well what is the metric size of the hoses 15 or 14 mm because 5/8 is in between the both of them

I am not sure what the metric size was, since I could not find metric barbs it did not matter. The 5/8" hose fit onto the cannister connector so that is what I bought. My problem was that the 5/8" was to thick to bend into my tank for the return line. That is why I tried using the original hose and it worked, just put the end with the rubber fitting onto the reactor barb going back into the tank.

Back
Top Bottom