co2 question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

abrahamavelar

Aquarium Advice Addict
well i have been thinking about getting some co2 system in my 75 gal tank, but due to other non-fish related issues i havent been able to afford it, so i was wondering if i get two of those pressurize co2 kits rated for 40 gallons will they work???? or will they just be waste of money?????

also if i was to get them they will either be one on each side of the tank or depending on how they work, i mean if they produce really small bubbles and good amount with the diffuser or maybe keep the diffusers right in front of the powerhead (koralia 3 doesnt have an intake)

was all this thinking waste of time????

thanks for reading this!!!!!!!!

I have one, I just recently added to a 55 gallon tank. I originally bought for my 20 gallon. But due to last minute change ups I added it to my 55, then I realized it was suggested up to 40. It works pretty well, I notices a difference in my pygmy swords in days. I imagine two would work ok. Maybe someone with a little more knowledge can help. This is my first planted tank, and I am going through my trials and errors!

image-3631080024.jpg

It's a powder premixed. Comes with an air pump and mount for the tank. Pretty cool and a little less expensive than a bottle system.

Its a commercial version of DIY co2.

If you plan to have this setup for a long time then it would be best to save up and piece a proper co2 setup together. If you go the cheap milwaukee regulator you can make out for under 200 dollars with everything you need. It also pay for itself in the long run.

Its a commercial version of DIY co2.

If you plan to have this setup for a long time then it would be best to save up and piece a proper co2 setup together. If you go the cheap milwaukee regulator you can make out for under 200 dollars with everything you need. It also pay for itself in the long run.

This. I spent a lot of time shopping around for mine and did it for $120, that's used with two glass spiral diffusers, 10lb tank, and milwaukee regulator. I think 120-150 is doable with patience, better if you get really lucky.

i actuallu was actually thinking on the ones with co2 tank maybe the fluvals or hydro the ones that use real pressuarized co2 but in smaller tanks

I got an aquatic life Co2 regulator with a solenoid switch and I'm running 20oz paintball cans. They last about two months been running at 3bps a little high but it maintains a 30ppm in the tank. I love it

Ryan1986 said:
I got an aquatic life Co2 regulator with a solenoid switch and I'm running 20oz paintball cans. They last about two months been running at 3bps a little high but it maintains a 30ppm in the tank. I love it

Cool so im gonna get it then, do I need the timer??? also what does the selenoid do??? Also should I get special tubing or the regular airline tubing will work

I'm running a timer power strip. The solenoid is the basic on off switch after you set the flow through the needle valve. It plugs into the power and goes on and off just like a light switch. You can also plug it into those PH monitors but I don't have one of those kinda out of my budget. And I use Co2 tubing from home depot it's cheaper then the air tubes from pet stores and a little more durable.

They have adapters if he wants to use his paintball canisters until he gets a bigger one. They are only 5 bucks just gotta look around on the web.

Back
Top Bottom