Co2 question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DannyBWell

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm still new to planted tanks and have finally decided to go with co2 in my new tank I know how to set it up my question is do you still need to give the plants fertilizer or is the co2 enough also I would be getting a 10lb tank and I have a 75g aquarium how long will that last

You should still fertilize your tank as this will provide your plants with essential nutrients to grow. As for your CO2 tank, I'm currently running a 10lb tank on my 125 and it has been running for 3 months so far; still have about 850psi (from1000) remaining.

You should still fertilize your tank as this will provide your plants with essential nutrients to grow. As for your CO2 tank, I'm currently running a 10lb tank on my 125 and it has been running for 3 months so far; still have about 850psi (from1000) remaining.

Ok thanks

Think of planted tank success as a three legged stool. Success is like when the legs of the stool are equally balanced keeping the top level. The three legs are: Light, Carbon(CO2 or Glut) & Nutrients.(Fertilizers). Your goal is to keep all three balanced so that your plants grow well and you have no algae.(Keeping the stool level). Research alot. Planted tanks are just as involved as learning how to keep healthy fish. Good luck, a nice planted tank, IMO, is just as rewarding as keeping healthy, happy fish. OS.

Actually when using CO2 it is even more important to use fertilizers. The CO2 will actually cause the plants to use more fertilizers.

Back
Top Bottom