CO2 Questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2_Crazy

Aquarium Advice Activist
I am currently running a DIY CO2 setup with 2 3liter bottles rotated weekly. I find the hardest part is the diffusion and the constant changing of bottles. I am on a budget so I need to stay as economical as possible. I have started to look aty some sytems to see if there is an easier solution that will still give me good stable co2 levels.

The 2 I have looked at are the Hagen and the Hydor Natural. Does anyone have any thoughts or other sugestions??

Thanks

What kind of filter are you using? I would just use a Limewood Aistone ddirectly under the filter intake. The Limewood puts out a very fine mist, and you'll get no noise from the impeller. Could also do the same, but put the Limewood airstone under a powerhead instead of the filter. Either of these would be pretty effective.

Rena XP1

btw, you seem to be the first to answer most of my posts :).

Have you heard anything about the Hydor system?

I haven't, no. Doing the limewood to the XP1 would be excellent. The fine mist will be dissolved vey quickly when they go through the sponges in the filter.

Back
Top Bottom