Co2 reactor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jacpr233

Aquarium Advice Activist
Where is the best placement for the co2 reactor. In the intake or return line??

By intake or return line, I assume you mean you are using an inline reactor. In that case, the best place for it would be the return line. Co2 can cause plastic to deteriorate, which is why it is better to have it not diffusing directly into the filter.

The return line is better IMO. Make sure the outflow is not too restricted. IE use the same size hosing if possible.

It has to go on the return line. The co2 corrosion issue is probably somewhat overblown (some people bubble co2 right into their filters without much trouble), but reactors will cause resistance in the line, which will harm the pump in your filter if put before it. These pumps are designed to push, not pull, and it can be very rough on them to have to pull against something.

Thx guys for the help. Will the eheim 2217 be able to push the water to the tank. My reactor is 21" long.

Attachments

• image-4073521338.jpg
    image-4073521338.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 36
Thx guys for the help. Will the eheim 2217 be able to push the water to the tank. My reactor is 21" long.

How far below the tank is your filter? According to Eheim the maximum head height is 7.5 feet, so you should be fine. I think it should work.

Back
Top Bottom