Co2 recomendations

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jbuck

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey everyone. I am seriously considering adding co2 to my tank and was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction. I have a juwel rio 180 which once rescaped will have pfs or similar substrate. It has the standard lighting which is 2 t5 45w bulbs with reflectors ad standard corner filtration system. I am open to DIY but I don't want to do the coke bottle thing. I have seen people using fire extinguishers to good effect but that does not appear to be possible with my current filtration. In the uk for a pressurised system by the like of fluval is going to set me back around £150 ish. I guess my question is are these expensive kits that much better than say a canister with a DIY kit hooked up to it as I suspect I could get a canister and do a pressurised system myself for much the same price whilst also increasing my filtration as a bonus. I am quite new to the hobby and very new to the prospect of co2 so be gentle with me lol. Thanks in advance.

Back
Top Bottom