Co2 regulatiors??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

phishfriend

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok, after trying the DIY co2 setup and doing a lot more reading. I'v decided I don't like it.

Is there a decent regulator around 50 or 60 bucks? I was reading that you can put a setup together for as little as a hundred bucks maybe a bit more. If this is true then I must be looking in the wrong place. I'm a purchasing agent and I work with company's like air gas, Grainger etc. Basically companies where I can get parts for co2 system and even with the discounts thru my work which are a plus. Regulators are still 120 to 150 dollars. I'm sure they are really nice and worth the money and I know that you get what you pay for. I can also say I enjoy it enough to know I will probably never buy another plastic plant. But just starting out there has to be a middle road between DIY and high end co2 systems. At least I hope so.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be great! Thanks

The aquatek is pretty good also, mine has been solid, although the NV adjustment is touchy. That said if you have a hookup on higher end stuff I'd use it and get a two stage regulator with a higher quality nv right off the bat. Otherwise the all in one kits like the aquatek and ma957 have pretty good reviews and include the bubble counter and solenoid, both are 70-90$ -ish online, just google around for them, they sell on ebay as well as a few sites like aquacave.

Wow! That's the whole kit for 90. Then all I need is a cylinder. How long does co2 in the 10 lbs ones last? I'v read that 5 lbs is great for in cabinet but my stand is open so size isn't an issue.

You could get a 10lb for $85 brand new. I went on google and did the research.

Back
Top Bottom