Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Planted Tanks
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-13-2007, 01:28 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic

CO2 setup (pressurized)

Here is what i am considering getting:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...0865&rd=1&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...3784&rd=1&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...4373&rd=1&rd=1

Will this work? I am upgrading from DIY CO2 to pressurized.

Watch our thread! A MyCatsDrool and Travis Simonson Joint Production....55 Tanganyikan Tank. It is hidden in the photography showcase. It is really my tank, but Trav is helping and we live next door from each other...so....

CCTV Has shut its doors. Off the air.
5.5 gal ADA rimless cube, fully planted, killifish breeder. coming soon to a forum near you.
It's called Sex Panther, by Odeon. Illegal in 9 countries. Yep, it's made with bits of real panther, so you know it's good.
MyCatsDrool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 01:51 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to Wizzard~Of~Ozz
The tank and reg *might not work together. Paintball cylinders have a pin that needs to be depressed. Regulators (aside from Paintball ASA's and some paintball regulators) don't have this option.

What size tank is this? a 20oz will last maybe 1 month on a 75Gal..

Old 01-13-2007, 01:54 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

Get the reg. but not the tank or diffuser.
Old 01-13-2007, 02:01 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak

http://cgi.ebay.com/3-5-LB-CO2-TANK-...QQcmdZViewItem

An example of the type of tank you're looking for. Where are you located? Urban? Rural? It's usually better to locate one locally as shipping gets expensive on CO2 tanks quickly.
Old 01-13-2007, 02:09 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice FINatic

urban, but i called around and couldn't find a tank for less than $50.
Watch our thread! A MyCatsDrool and Travis Simonson Joint Production....55 Tanganyikan Tank. It is hidden in the photography showcase. It is really my tank, but Trav is helping and we live next door from each other...so....

5.5 gal ADA rimless cube, fully planted, killifish breeder. coming soon to a forum near you.
It's called Sex Panther, by Odeon. Illegal in 9 countries. Yep, it's made with bits of real panther, so you know it's good.
Old 01-13-2007, 02:21 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Freak

$50 is a good price in most areas.
Old 01-13-2007, 02:22 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice FINatic

i found a 20 oz tank at an LFS for $35. The tank is a 55 gal, and filling up monthly isn't a big deal for me. Gonna pick it up today

Old 01-13-2007, 02:30 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Freak

The problem is not the tanks price in using the small tanks it's that you need a different regulator. A more expensive regulator. Make sure that any tank you look at has the CGA type connector on the tank or the reg. you posted from ebay won't work.
Old 01-13-2007, 02:48 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to Wizzard~Of~Ozz
correct. 20oz bottles use a pin valve, the regulator you posted requires a "standard" CGA320 fitting. Meaning it must have an "on/off" valve you can operate.

It simply won't work. you would need an on/off valve that has a pin valve style on one end, and a standard CGA320 on the other.

@ 50$ I would go for the 5lb hands down. you would have to fill it every 6 months or more. and usually I've found, a 20oz is about 5$ to fill, a 5lb is about 10, 10lb is 15.. It pays the difference within 6 months.

20 oz = 5$ x 5 = 25 +35$ for the tank is 60$ @ 6 months (assuming they fill it for free when you get it)

5lb = 10$ x 0 = 0 + 50 for the tank when you need your first fill (have to assume it's also filled)

Tags
co2, setup

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com