CO2 setup (pressurized)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The tank and reg *might not work together. Paintball cylinders have a pin that needs to be depressed. Regulators (aside from Paintball ASA's and some paintball regulators) don't have this option.

What size tank is this? a 20oz will last maybe 1 month on a 75Gal..

i found a 20 oz tank at an LFS for $35. The tank is a 55 gal, and filling up monthly isn't a big deal for me. Gonna pick it up today

The problem is not the tanks price in using the small tanks it's that you need a different regulator. A more expensive regulator. Make sure that any tank you look at has the CGA type connector on the tank or the reg. you posted from ebay won't work.

correct. 20oz bottles use a pin valve, the regulator you posted requires a "standard" CGA320 fitting. Meaning it must have an "on/off" valve you can operate.

It simply won't work. you would need an on/off valve that has a pin valve style on one end, and a standard CGA320 on the other.

@ 50$ I would go for the 5lb hands down. you would have to fill it every 6 months or more. and usually I've found, a 20oz is about 5$ to fill, a 5lb is about 10, 10lb is 15.. It pays the difference within 6 months.

20 oz = 5$ x 5 = 25 +35$ for the tank is 60$ @ 6 months (assuming they fill it for free when you get it)

5lb = 10$ x 0 = 0 + 50 for the tank when you need your first fill (have to assume it's also filled)

Back
Top Bottom