CO2 Supplies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Feynman

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm sure these questions have been asked before, but I couldn't find them on the search....

1.) Where do you go to fill empty CO2 bottles?

2.) Where can you find T connectors and tubing for CO2?

I can honestly say that I've never run into these products and services in my day-to-day life. Are there some "underground" stores somewhere that have these things?.... maybe I've just been missing them.

1. welding stores, liquor stores that sell keg'd beer, beveridge distributors

2. a standard plastic T works, or you can find brass ones at a hardware store. however, using a T to pipe pressurized CO2 into two tanks rarely works perfectly. Water pressure is never perfectly equal for very long, so one tank ends up getting more CO2 than the other, sometimes to the point that one tank gets it all.

you may want to look into a CO2 manifold with needle valves built in. www.aquariumplants.com sells them as does www.aqua-botanic.com

Yes, you are too mundane to be allowed into the secret and magical underworld of CO2 supplies....we have an entire city of supplies...and free gold/candy/dancing girls that you can only access with the mystical diamond card that we hand out to fellow CO2ers at secret parties.... :lol:

But seriously...medical gas supply places, welding supply places....you can get CO2 at just about all of them, and most carry lots of hardware, too.

Haha... yeah I was starting to think something like that might be the case. You guys were right it turned out. I googled welding supply company and found a place called AirGases that didn't seem surprised when I called about CO2 tanks. For a 10 lb tank refill it costs $16. Good price?

i filled my 20lb tank for $25 at a place that only deals with fire extinguishers in manhattan. $16 seems a mite high, given that manhattan is one the most expensive places on earth! :)

you might want to shop around a little more...

My 5lb is about $12 to refill. a 10lb is only a couple dollars more. $16 doesn't seem terribly unreasonable..considering it should last you a year, its prolly not worth shopping around if it was a convenient location to get a fill.

You in the middle Feynman @ $1.60 per pound. CC is paying $1.25 a lb amd Malkore is paying $2.40 lb.

Malkore, where are you gettin' that expensive co2 *lol*

Dave

welding supply store...only place here that'll fill it.

the more you get, the cheaper it gets. the hazmat fee is like $8..hence why a 10lb fill is only a fraction more than a 5lb fill.

In the summer, my natural gas bill's surcharge will actually be MORE than the gas bill itself. Something about that I never liked.

Dave

one of the local paintball stores refills co2 tanks but only because they have the right adapter and i guess they get enough business from aquarists but idk about the other paintball stores

Back
Top Bottom