CO2 System and Plant ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mr.waffles1842

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So i now have 3 separate co2 systems going on. 2 are running as smoothly as could be hoped for, 1 isnt. Its one using a Lee's discard a stone diffusers. Here's and overview.

-i ran out of my silicon glue, so i used duct tape to prevent leaks.
-the mixture somehow keeps on getting into that tube
-no bubble counter/gas separator
-no actual bubbles yet. been 2 days, i see bubbles in the tube, but theres alot of water right after the check valve. i see the mixture fizzing, but no bubbles...
-2 liter bottle, tubing, onto the check valve (which is actually submerged in the water. problem?) down to diffuser.

I could use some advice on that. Also, id like to hear some neat plants and arrangements. low lighted cuz i like this aquarium as dim and mysterious o_O...

Sounds like a leak. Try spraying the rig with either soapy water or windex to see if you can see any bubbles coming out.

Which means they must be escaping before your diffuser. The duct tape might be the problem, depending on how it's put together.

probably... i took the thing apart and now i need to remember the adhesives i use... what do yall use? something i can buy at lowes???

Normal aquarium silicon usually, but if you drill your holes fairly small, the tubes will usually seal themselves well enough for a low pressure system.

Its just silicon.... from Lowes... read the package it will say it can be used on aquariums.

I would add the bubble counter... You just need a water bottle. I am not sure of your other questions. Can you update me on what they are?

They sell aquarium grade clear silicone in small squeeze tubes at Lowes for just a couple of bucks. Basically, if you already have two working DIY setups working fine just redo the third the same as the other two. You certainly know how. Some people can't get one to work! Aqua Chem is right. You really don't need silicone if the hole is just barely small enough to get the tubing in after you cut it on a bias (diagnally). Get the point in, then pull the tubing through with needle nose pliers. Fits so tight that it seals itself air tight.

Back
Top Bottom