Co2 System Or not?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CleverBs

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am building a 75gallon planted tank, Im debating between having 2.16W per gallon or 2.88 wpg. my plan is to grow dwarfweed grass (carpet) java moss and fern on my driftwood centerpeice, and have red water lilies maybe and hornworth, I will be using a T5HO fixture with 3x 54w 6700k or 10000k bulbs (if someone could tell me whats better that would be nice as well) and a canister filter. I am looking for a very lush tank with lots of color so I want my plants to do the best they can do, but I am new at this and am unsure if having Co2 is really needed if so why and if not please explain why.

Thank you very much,
Brian

I have been reading a lot about this lately... I heard that natural sunlight was either 5500k or 6500k, so the closer you get to it, the better the plants like it... as far as Co2, I am experimenting with DIY Co2 and if it really seems to help, I will prolly change out later to a metered tank.

I don't know much about T5 lighting. I run low light/low tech tanks. I've been told around 6,500 to 6,700 Kelvin is the target for most planted tanks. The Mosses and Ferns will grow in low light. The groundcover is usually the one needing high light. The more light, the more CO2 and ferts you need.

I'm lazy LOL.
My 10g jungle

View attachment 49632

One of my Crypts

View attachment 49633

Back
Top Bottom