CO2 Systems?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Z

zacdl

OK So I am getting the idea now that I will need some CO2.

Taking a quick glance they are really pricey! Are there any cheap ways of doing it?

With 30 gallons they should work. I do DIY with a 2 liter bottle in a 36 gal and I have over 30 ppm of CO2.

How do you do that? Do you stick a powerhead inside the tank, and instead of hooking up the air intake, you hook it up to the bottle?

What goes inside the bottle, and how long does it last?

I put 3 cups of sugar 1/4 tps of yeast and 1/4 tps of baking soda, fill bottle to just where it starts to curve at the next with luke warm water and shake it up. I insert a hose through a hole in the bottle top that I sealed with silicone. It is attached to a fine airstone. It takes about 30 mins to start and last 3 weeks. It would probably last longer but I change it every 3 weeks.

If you want a fancier diffuser, there are all kinds of threads around here and on the internet about how to make one.

Do you stick the hose just below the bottle top? In other words, it does not go into the liquid?

Does it require shaking the bottle?? Or you just mix it and leave it be and it does the rest?

Does anyone see a problem with me hooking the hose up to the PH air intake, and doing it that way? Or would that create too many bubble in the aquarium?

OK Ill try looking in there. do you happen to know the title?

Back
Top Bottom