CO2 Tablets Anyone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Master503

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Does anyone have ever use CO2 Tablets? Does that really work?

I've never heard of these. I'll tag along and see what kind of response you get. :popcorn:

I see several issues with these tablets.

1) Low CO2 levels
2) Inconsistency
3) Leftover residue used to bind the pill together.

They look basically like alka-seltzer tabs to me. They're probably just snakeoil sold to people looking for cheap alternatives to CO2.

Thanks both.

Does 2x10W CF bulbs light will work for 10Gallons tank without using the CO2? Or the light is still consider low light? I am looking for something in medium light. Any suggestions?

I've never heard of these. Are these aquarium-specific? The only thing I could find on Google was for marijuana growing. Do you have a link?

Thanks Aqua_chem. I found a bulbs online from PetSmart (if I use 2 bulbs) .. do you think is works best for medium light in 10Gal tank. Do I still have to use CO2 for 10Gal .. or just use the product from Searchem (ex: Excell and Flourish) ..

Aqueon® Mini Compact 50/50 Fluorescent Lamp - Lighting & Hoods - Fish - PetSmart

The colormax is not the right type to use as a light for plants in 10Gal correct?

As for the CO2 tablets, I saw on ebay .. that's why I'm curious about it.

You want to avoid the 50/50 bulbs as well.

Two 10w cfls in a 10g wont need excel or co2, but the tank would greatly benefit from either.

I've used the petco bulb before. Works fine, throws light like a champ. The HD one should also work fine. Little wary of 5000K, but that's more of a personal issue than a detriment to a planted tank.

So around 6,000k for a bulb should be good to use for 10Gal?

Thanks Sky, for pointing out that suggestion CO2

API's CO2 Boost is the same as Excel but a different concentration. There are other glut products on the market as well.

The color temp, once you have the right range, is a personal choice. I like the 6700K color myself.

Yea, one's like 2.4% Glut and the other's like 1.8% Glut, although Seachem adamantly denies that their product contains glutaraldehyde.

Back
Top Bottom