CO2 troubleshooting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

runninwoof

Aquarium Advice Activist
ok heres the dealeo, i bought a milwakee Ma957 Co2 Regulator, and i just got my 5lb cylinder today. i hooked up acording to inscructions, the problem is my low pressure guage doesnt show any readings. my cylinder pressure guage shows 1350 psi and co2 flows smoothly through into my tank at 1 bubble per second.

I read to tighten the knob in the middle slowly to show a reading up to 10 psi. When i tighten the knob theres no reading, and when i tighten it alot co2 sounds like its leaking out, but then i just lossen it and the sound goes away.

If you're getting a good, smooth bubble rate where you want it, then don't worry about it. I don't get a reading on the low pressure gauge - it looks like it is 0 most of the time. When the CO2 is actually running the gauge reads about 7 - just under 10.

Your pressure in the cylinder of 1350 psi seems a bit high. My cylinders are near 800-850. I have read that a normal pressure is between 800-1000 psi. Was your cylinder in a hot car for awhile? I always let my cylinder come to room temperature in summer or winter before hooking it back up to the regulator.

the cylinder was in my girlfrends airconditioned car for like 30 minutes, then just hooked it up. it was cold though. jsut checked and its at 1300 psi.

Back
Top Bottom