Co2 unit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bizbaz

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Have fitted my co2 unit in my 200 litre aquarium and have bought 23 various plants I have set the co unit so that 1 bubble comes out of the bottom of the bubble counter and out of the top before the next bubble appears which means 1 bubble enters the bubble counter every 7 seconds does this sound correct

It doesn't sound like it is enough. Do you have a drop checker or ph and kh test kit?

I had mine set to roughly 2 bps when I had a heavily planted 30g high tech tank.

I have ph but not kh test kit should I turn it up to 1 bubble per second entering the bubble counter

I have turned it up a little and the plants are giving off oxygen bubbles my fish are still swimming fine the current ph is 7.0 as I have calculated and added a marine gravel water buffer to suit the ph drop that can be caused by adding co2 to the water chemistry all my fish are doing quite well the only concern I have currently is my my mollies which I bought to control beard algae have now gone darker In colour

I have turned it up a little and the plants are giving off oxygen bubbles my fish are still swimming fine the current ph is 7.0 as I have calculated and added a marine gravel water buffer to suit the ph drop that can be caused by adding co2 to the water chemistry all my fish are doing quite well the only concern I have currently is my my mollies which I bought to control beard algae have now gone darker In colour

If you have added any sort of commercial buffer, the pH/KH/CO2 charts are going to be completely useless until it is entirely out of your system (3 weeks or so assuming weekly 50% water changes). Also, mollies aren't particularly well known for eating BBA, but there are sporadic reports of it.

Plants are growing like stink thanks for your help plus lost no fish which is a bonus

Growing very very well I think I'm hallucinating they are growing that fast

I am so confused about co2. I have a planted 55 gal. tank and am using a home made co2 system. 2 liter bottle , sugar, yeast and air stone on a timed low heat plate. plants seem to be growing quite well. fish are doing fine. Water/ PH is good. I am trying to find what I need to do this right but cant seem to find good info on correct equipment ( hopfully inexpensive) to use to do this right.

I can't really comment on that as I'm using a co2 cylinder the whole setup only cost me £100 though which is quite cheap as its suitable for up to 400 litres

Don't even think of not having a drop checker if you have plants. Even more important if you don't have a Ph controller.

If you have they low Ph test kit, you can buy only the glass. The solution is the same.

Back
Top Bottom