Cobwebs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheresaM

Aquarium Advice Addict
It's always something...white, filmy, stuff that looks like cobwebs in my 10g. What is it? Why is it there? How do I get rid of it? :hide:

I've got similar stuff growing on one of my rocks. After days of research, I've determined mine is bacterial bloom. I just set the tank up recently. Has yours been established for a while?

Depending on how it looks it could be a fungus or protein scum that gets swept down from the service. Got a pic?

I just noticed to today. Only thing done to the tank recently was adding a group of least killifish. Water params are fine. It's only in 2 small sections of the tank.

img_3193957_0_09dd0626b7fa99554657632ef471c5fd.jpg

my brother had something like that when he first started his 3 gallon betta tank. he did a little research and said it came from his new driftwood, mopani wood to be specific. told me the wood released sap while in the water which caused fungus (or other microorganisms) to grow off it and some detached and spread to his plants like that.

when we took out the wood a cleaned up the webbing, it never appeared again.
then when he boiled and soaked the wood and put it back, the webs were back lol.

Had it on my DW the first week it was in! My pygmy cories loved it though!

Sent per three-eyed raven..

Back
Top Bottom