Coel's 75G build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Coel

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I finally got enough of my materials to start my 75G. So gonna go with what I guess is a mid-tech to start. I will be running 2x 2x54W t5ho fixtures, DIY CO2, a Sunsun 304b, hydor eth300, MGOPM for base and seachem onyx sand on top. I will buffer with just a little saltwater sand under it all.

I will be using mostly driftwood and slowing adding natural stones that i find and clean etc. Plant list to start will be HC, crypt, ludwigia, rotala. just waiting to make my order tomorrow from Ridgewood Aquarium Imports. I want to give a shout out to jacpr233 for giving me the information to contact them. So far my preliminary experience has been excellent.

Pictures to come of the actual tank. I am currently breaking the 55 down to put the 75 in its place. But i wanted to share this... at one point i had 5 assassin snails and 4 rcs... im not counting either but i figured this picture would say enough

The jar is about about 2.5"x 2.5"

Attachments

• Assassin1.jpg
    Assassin1.jpg
    203.7 KB · Views: 159
  • Assassin2.jpg
    Assassin2.jpg
    216 KB · Views: 135
picture heavy. 75 up and substrate down. filter set up. now to make my plant order, i cant wait till tomorrow. also any suggestions on my layout would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• bare.jpg
    bare.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 116
  • Drift 1.jpg
    Drift 1.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 109
  • drift 2.jpg
    drift 2.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 92
  • drift 3.jpg
    drift 3.jpg
    165.9 KB · Views: 110
more pictures. here you can see i dumped in a bunch of MGOPM and i actually had to take some out as there seemed to be just way to much. so i have some spare of that as well as a spare back of the onyx sand. I played with my driftwood with just the dirt in and then took most out other than the biggest piece on the right. I buried it so it would be more stable in addition there are some river rocks buried for support. then i filled in with onyx and rest the driftwood. I tried to keep my diagonal lines trending the same direction so its a little easier to look at. I didn't take any photos but i tried mixing it and I just wasn't happy.

thoughts?

Attachments

• mound.jpg
    mound.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 128
  • first.jpg
    first.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 119
  • onyx1.jpg
    onyx1.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 131
  • final5.13.jpg
    final5.13.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 129
last few for now. a closer up of the left and right sets of driftwood. also a peak at my Diy co2(first attempt) and my entire stand layout.

Attachments

• driftpalace.jpg
    driftpalace.jpg
    168.2 KB · Views: 120
  • right.jpg
    right.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 120
  • diyco2.jpg
    diyco2.jpg
    223.5 KB · Views: 121
  • interior.jpg
    interior.jpg
    237.4 KB · Views: 149
I love your scape! Looks great!

Only thing I somewhat dislike about it is that everything seems a little too centered. It's like your tank is sectioned into 1/3's and the dw fits into each third too perfectly. I think you should off center it a bit. I actually really lie the 2nd tank shot you posted with the 2 spots of DW
I really do like the concept a lot though and I'm looking foreward to seeing how it turns out

So maybe move the pieces around so it's not centered. The only piece that might suck to move is on the right since its anchored a bit down in the dirt. I will try moving it around later

A few more moves what do you think, as I said I am willing to experiment to get it perfect and if my eye doesn't catch it maybe someone else's will

Attachments

• image-839733014.jpg
    image-839733014.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 124
  • image-1922197153.jpg
    image-1922197153.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 110
  • image-496856631.jpg
    image-496856631.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 124
I think you might be disappointed with DIY CO2 on a 75g. At the very least, you'll need more than 4L worth. How are you planning to diffuse?

I really like the 1st and 3rd pics out of your newest post!
If it were me, I'd go with the first, but it's your tank and you have to like it before anyone else.

I agree with aquachem about DIY. I have a 20oz paintball tank on my 28 and it runs out every 10 days, that'd be less than 5 on a 75 and on top of that DIY is going to run even shorter. You're going to be spending a lot more money on ingredients and a lot more time mixing it all doing the DIY route than it would be worth to me.
I've heard from many sources that DIY co2 really is more of a pain than anything in anything over 20 gallons.
Just something to think about.

as far as difusing goes ill use a ceramic difuser ill be purchasing with my plants... diy is until i have the money for a co2 system.

just so i have the right idea if i hobble together a co2 system i need a tank, solenoid, regulator, drop counter, and difuser. and if im not mistaken hooked up in that order.

would this work for the tank and regulator?

CO2 Tank with Dual Gauge Regulator

I have that regulator too and love it, $88 is a gret price too. For a diffuser I suggest an in line atomic diffuser, I just got mine in about a week ago and its awesome, and gets spread out a lot more in my 75. Drop checkers are cheap on eBay, I bought two a couple weeks ago for something like $14 total but you'll need to buy or make your 4dkh solution too.

Attachments

• image-1565645085.jpg
    image-1565645085.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 71
  • image-1237539319.jpg
    image-1237539319.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 77
Yeah when I can do this I will want to do inline eventually I may do an in tank ceramic one to start. Thanks for the heads up on what I will need. I think I'm going to charge as much as I can on my vacation and earn some nice amazon rewards points

edit: or maybe ill make a better effort to sell my red cherry shrimp and assassin snails locals and put that towards a co2 system

Zimmanski: for the milwaukee regulator does it for a standard co2 tank or does it need a special tank

Back
Top Bottom