Cole's Rescape

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Agh I totally forgot to keep taking pictures!! I bought my Amazonia aqua soil and have been working on the scape. I still need to trim and replant a lot of rotalla rotun.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I really like that soil/powder makes it really easy to plant!

Super excited for it to clear up and to get some pics up.

These Unfortunately were the only pics I snagged while working on it, I got too into it and forgot to continue taking pics. Hope these work this time, still inexperienced with using Photobucket. In the morning when its (hopefully) all cleared up I'll post current pics.

Looks good. That's a good sign when you get so into your aquascape that you forget to snap pics. Someone had some fun! :)

Also, I like the embedded photobucket pics! Gotta love a build thread with some eyecandy!

Oh yeah... I made a huge mess started tearing it down at 10:30 AM and didn't finish building and filling until after 3:00PM. Although that included a last minute trip to aquatouch.

I did a very large water change today probably close to 90% 20g out of a 25 w/ stuff in it. Dosed the bb, and dechlorinator right after. and the water has cleared up while I was at work! It looks like I've got a bit of new tank syndrome going on at the moment as well.

Really stoked to get the CO2 on this and watch things take off! going to be doing a lot of propagating on the chain swords, rotalla rotun., and (dwarf sag?), not really sure what I bought it as...

Possibly going to remove the ozelot sword and lotus, unless they start to grow on me, they look unnatural imo what do you guys think?

Is that java moss?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have no clue really it looked good tied down on their driftwood at my lfs it looks like a miniature version of a classic fern if you get a single strand.
Fairly certain it's christmas moss.

I also think those plants get very big. Might dwarf your hardscape

I agree with that, plus they don't really achieve the look I was going for I just had them from before and thought it would be a shame to not give em' a try.

I agree with that, plus they don't really achieve the look I was going for I just had them from before and thought it would be a shame to not give em' a try.

I think those plants can look great in a big tank, not so sure about them in a smaller setup though

Oh for sure it's too bad I wasn't allowed to set up the 180 inside (although prob for the better considering I would have spent 100's of dollars on it) I'd have Ozelot swords up next to the massive driftwood that was in it when we went and got the tank. Make it appear even larger.

Well great news the Amazonia's ammonia leeching is under control when I checked this morning 0ppm ammonia, 0ppm nitrite, 10ppm nitrate. Seems the whole bottle of bb into the filter and two days time did the trick. Ordering the pps pro today and maybe getting the co2 tank filled thursday!

What are some other really cool looking stem plants similar to rotala rotun. I've seen a couple in some of your aquariums but don't know the names. Thanks for any suggestions you might have!

Back
Top Bottom