Consistent Problem with BBA :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hair algae is just more persistent, it'll go.

Use a spare toothbrush, spin it in hair algae, remove as much as possible. Be a little careful - don't keep scraping, one lump at a time (don't release little hairs to float about the tank by being impatient in removal, in other words)

Then Excel it. It'll fade, too. Even the daily doses, spot treat them into the algae instead of tank dumping it.

Hair algae is just more persistent, it'll go.

Use a spare toothbrush, spin it in hair algae, remove as much as possible. Be a little careful - don't keep scraping, one lump at a time (don't release little hairs to float about the tank by being impatient in removal, in other words)

Then Excel it. It'll fade, too. Even the daily doses, spot treat them into the algae instead of tank dumping it.

Hi, that's what I am doing at the moment - well have been for months really ha ha... Am taking on board the spot dosing suggestion - me thinks its much better - did my after pwc 5x dose this w/e and things looking better the next day - more pinkness around! Did the 2x dose as a spot dose also and I reckon that won't take too much more till its gone and I can just use excel as a plant help instead of algae killer!!! ;)

Back
Top Bottom