Constant bubble flow from plant

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

asohfrank

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just noticed something very weird and exciting. On 2 of my plants hygrophila angustifolia i found a line of very tiny bubbles getting off it like a spider web.
Is it oxygen from excess co2 production ? This is a new tank of which i am still cycling :)

Attachments

• bubble.jpg
    bubble.jpg
    173.5 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:
Hello!

Those streams of bubbles are always fun to watch :)

In my experience, streams of bubbles like that generally are a result of a part the plant stem being cut (either on purpose or by accident) as opposed to what they call "pearling" which is when a plant produces so much oxygen that the surrounding water is can't absorb it quick enough and forms oxygen bubbles.

Don't worry, it doesn't hurt the plant much and the bubble stream will end in a short time.

Hope that helps!

Hello!

Those streams of bubbles are always fun to watch :)

In my experience, streams of bubbles like that generally are a result of a part the plant stem being cut (either on purpose or by accident) as opposed to what they call "pearling" which is when a plant produces so much oxygen that the surrounding water is can't absorb it quick enough and forms oxygen bubbles.

Don't worry, it doesn't hurt the plant much and the bubble stream will end in a short time.

Hope that helps!

+1 those bubbles usually appear when a stem/leaf is cut or torn.
Unless you dose or inject co2?

Sent with my fingers

Yeah when bubbling like that it is usually from a cut or tear. True pearling is from the bottom of the leaves and is large bubbles at a slower frequency.

However, the plant is still probably healthy. The tears form naturally sometimes.

Thanks for your replies guys :) Some of the plants have tears but during the day, i noticed more producing those bubbles in a similar pattern and most don't have any tears. Maybe it's just not visible in my eyes :)

Back
Top Bottom