converting my 5 gall...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blazeyreef

Aquarium Advice Addict
well I have decided to convert my plastic planted 5 gall (hate plastic plants...never look as good as real plants :roll: ) to like a clipping's tank! I also added some light so now its...about... 4wpg ... I can lower it to 2wpg if needed :) no problem! right now I have Anubis, java moss, and java fern! I just did the convert like an hour ago...it looks nice :D I had a HUGE rock lying around (used to be in the 29gall...) but its to big for my 10 or 5 gall...so I took the sludge hammer to it :D and got some nice pieces out of it! will post some pics!

Sounds great, but with that amount of light, you are going to have to fertilize the tank and probably look into a C source. I would think with 4 WPG, that would put in the medium to medium high light level.

You can wait and see how it goes, but I would suggest you plant it heavily to keep the algae at bay.

EDIT: don't forget the pictures!

rkilling1 said:
Sounds great, but with that amount of light, you are going to have to fertilize the tank and probably look into a C source. I would think with 4 WPG, that would put in the medium to medium high light level.

You can wait and see how it goes, but I would suggest you plant it heavily to keep the algae at bay.

EDIT: don't forget the pictures!
ok...hmm... maybe not so much light then... the C02 is not a problem... I can do DIY,, but hmm.. ok...!
pics Ok :D

blazeyreef said:
ok...hmm... maybe not so much light then... the C02 is not a problem... I can do DIY,, but hmm.. ok...!

If CO2 is not a problem, then I would go with the full light. Fertilizing a small tank is pretty inexpensive.

rkilling1 said:
blazeyreef said:

If CO2 is not a problem, then I would go with the full light. Fertilizing a small tank is pretty inexpensive.
Yep! Im just converting my 10gall into a planted as well :D its just (as of tommorow at noon) finishing a 3 day black-out for algea...hope it worked! im just needing plants now LOL :D
pics are uploading
never mind..they are done...
img_740265_0_a60204ddb9dc5722f7c1558466480888.jpg

*edit* ok I just started reading the post on your tanks...and what kind of gravel do you have? or sand?

Back
Top Bottom