coralife 24 in t5, 2 light fixture.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hippy guy

Aquarium Advice Addict
Impulse buy all the way, but I believe this is a feqw steps beyond natural sunlight for my ten gal. I have java fern now, what else can go with this light??

You can do about any plants you want with that light... You'll need to split the photoperiod to help with algae if you aren't injecting co2... IMO of course. You get a chance, I'll give you some plants to try out...

And yeah, and I still have the corys, I've just been so busy with birthday, show,, and now a trip to cumberland... any plants to look for there?? Haha

Haha. Running the lights for 4 hours, then off for 4 hours, then back on for 4 hours. That's how Ive started running all my planted tanks. On from 8am until noon... off until 4pm, then back on until 8pm. This also allows more time to view the tank, for me at least... They're on in the morning and in the evening.

Not sure about local plants. I'm not sure there's a lot of stuff around that's aquatic. Lots of semi aquatic stuff on the edges of ponds and lakes though... more terrarium type stuff.

And for that, I may use that exact schedual, causre it work well with mine. I'm currently using flourish exel, and have a sand substrate, for just java fern so far, what else am I missing? For more w/o co2 for now, what kinda options are there. I just love the idea of live plants, and wouldn't really care if it caused my fish to dissapear in a jungle (as long as they still have room to play, of course) because that would look really neat. Also, 50 bucks for this 24 in. Lighting fixture at incredipets on southland. They didn't have a smaller option, and I got a cover for my tank (glass, and sits with just enough room for filter outputs almost perfectly :) am I safe leaving it on there, or would a higher distance be better? Its to long for this tank, but will fit my next tank perfect (also, this 10 will be the sump for that (20 gal, with 10 gal sump, really just to figure it out and make a perfect smaller tank setup, with the cherry shrimp in the sump and moss and all that). Am I getting these things right? I want to be ready for the 60 gal I got waiting for me at a friends, I just have to move outa my apartment first haha

Sounds fine. You'll spill a little light on the ends since the tank is 4" shorter than the fixture, but you'll have plenty of light in there. I'd say without doing the split photoperiod, you'd have a heck of a time keeping algae out, and still might with the split photoperiod. there's not a plant I can think of that wouldn't grow with that lighting. There are some that are really hard to maintain, but those are usually a bit more expensive. I'd stick with some grass of some sort and some blyxa japonica.

Back
Top Bottom