Could one of our USA brethren lend a hand to an Aussie in need?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Paisley

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey all, I have set up a DIY CO2 system for my new 180l. There is an amazing (kudos and a big thanks to the author) 'how to' article available that I have been using as a guide. I have everything I need, most parts readily available over the 'net. However!!!!! I can not get my hands on a suitable airstone. (I'm using the design that has the airstone inside the python tube connected to a powerhead for maximum diffusion) I have just spent another day trawling the 'net (having exhausted my LFS's and Aussie mail order options) and I can't find anywhere with the particular product that delivers down under. Sigh.
The airstones I have purchased so far, all 9 available options, are far too coarse. The bubbles are way to big and diffusion ineffective. Being a DIY perfectionist type of girl this annoys me. A lot. So wasteful.
The Kordon mist-air fine airstone I'm after appears to be readily available in the good old USA. (Even the manufacturer doesn't ship here).
Would any of you be willing to buy me a few and post them? I will of course pay you up front for the purchase and the postage.
I am desperately frustrated at this point. I keep looking at the tank and I'm annoyed enough by it to not be enjoying it as much as I should be. Sad really but true as any other DIY perfectionist will understand.
So, any takers? I can offer my sincere and endless thanks and, should you ever make your way down under, I will be happy to show you around my fair city! Including our rather grand giant aquarium in town with all those lovely sharks close up. Or I could just take you swimming at the beach and we will probably see a shark up REALLY close.........ha ha.
Cheers
Paisley.

Hi ocean girl.Thank you very much for your reply and your offer. Those particular airstones are readily available on the net and aren't quite what I need. But thank you anyway. I'll keep looking and experimenting and see what I can do with what is available. The kordon mist air fines are very elusive. I can't find any other brands that are the glass bonded types either. Once I have saved enough for a proper pressurised co2 system I won't need to worry about the flaws in the DIY system. Anyway, thanks again. I really appreciate that you took the time to reply and offer to help a fellow fishie.
Cheers
Di

Back
Top Bottom