couple questions and a plant ID

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

adamkid33

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello again. So I'm setting up a 20 gallon talltank in a couple days. My Eco complete should be here tomorrow. I have a 45 gallon running now with a Fluval C4 and a Fluvial C3 for hob filters. I have a C3 coming for my 20 gallon tall so I was wondering what you guys think about just switching out the entire C3 in my 45 with the new one and putting the established C3 in the 20 gallon to get a jump on the cycle. Or should I just maybe put the sponge part of the filter in the new C3 and put a new one in the older C3? I dont want to leave my 45 with not enough BB. Also I got some new plants yesterday and I can't figure out what this grass
Is. Any ideas on it?

Attachments

• 1407620569592.jpg
    1407620569592.jpg
    211.3 KB · Views: 35
Where did you get it? Looks like mondo grass that petsmart sells, which is not fully aquatic.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I have no idea what that is bit I do know it will not fare well fully submerged

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

OK thanks. I was thinking it may not be an aquatic plant. I got it at pets unlimited. Which is unfortunately the only fish store within a couple hundred km's of me. So I thought I'd ask and see what you guys thought. So I guess it won't be long before its out of my aquarium. Thanks again. Any thoughts on just swapping out my filters?

OK thanks. I was thinking it may not be an aquatic plant. I got it at pets unlimited. Which is unfortunately the only fish store within a couple hundred km's of me. So I thought I'd ask and see what you guys thought. So I guess it won't be long before its out of my aquarium. Thanks again. Any thoughts on just swapping out my filters?

Either way you chose to do it will help. use the old c3 or move old media to new c3 will help out with jump start the cycle.

Either way you chose to do it will help. use the old c3 or move old media to new c3 will help out with jump start the cycle.

Awesome thanks pittbully. Just wanted to make sure I wouldn't be hurting the 45 at all by taking the C3 out.

Back
Top Bottom