Creeping mint...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lonewolfblue

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a question on creeping mint. I planted mine by burying the root system, but with the bunch the way it looks, what's the best way to trim it up? There's so many leaves below that they are getting nasty looking, but the upper part is doing fine. Is it the type of plant where I could pull it up and cut off the root system and replant the stem? It is throwing out shoots kind of like the L. repens. Just would like to know what others experiences with creeping mint is.

Everything I can find on Google about 'creeping mint' indicates it is a terrestrial plant.

i'm surprised its growing at all, as most terrestrials just die and rot when submerged.

Mine is doing rather well, actually. Just the bottom parts are dying off due to being too thickly bunched. I think I'll cut off a stem below one of the shoots and replant and give that a try, see how it does.

Edit:

Here's the name: Charlie (Micromeria brownei/Clinopodium brownei)

I was thinking about that myself, but is just the opposite. Sure looks like a mess now, lol. Now I know why it's called Creeping Mint, roots sprouting all over under it and it's spreading. Thinking of removing it, as it seems to be wanting to take over that part of the tank.

Back
Top Bottom