Crypt melt?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BettaGal

Aquarium Advice Addict
Does anyone have a picture of crypt melt I can see? The Internet was vastly unhelpful when I first got the plant. I had to ask here. I forgot if it was one that stuck to a rock or got buried in the sand, and while I found out the right one, every website described crypt care and hardiness differently. I think I might have a little melting on my new crypt, but I've never seen it before and have no idea how soon it can show up to even know if it could be melt. Can anyone help me find out?

Does anyone have a picture of crypt melt I can see? The Internet was vastly unhelpful when I first got the plant. I had to ask here. I forgot if it was one that stuck to a rock or got buried in the sand, and while I found out the right one, every website described crypt care and hardiness differently. I think I might have a little melting on my new crypt, but I've never seen it before and have no idea how soon it can show up to even know if it could be melt. Can anyone help me find out?

I do not have a picture but have witnessed more times than I can count!

Basically the leaves that were on the plant die. Since the leaves are in water they decompose quickly, giving the appearance of melting.

It's not a cause for alarm, just a nuisance. The plant will bounce back fine. I've always known Crypts to be very hardy, low light plants.

Let me know if you need anything else!

It kinda looks like the leaves are melting, but only like two. I'll see if I can get a halfway decent picture of what I mean. Stressful day mixed with ADD creates tongue-tied and confused.

greetings.

when a cryptocoryne melts, you will see clear holes forming in the leaves. either that picture is not of good quality, or there is indeed no such thing to be seen.

I think that your Crypt (looks like Green Wendtii) just may be losing a leaf or two. It looks perfectly healthy :) just remove those leaves if you can, as when plants decompose, they can foul up your water.

Ok. I'm paranoid. You guys know better than me about this. I'll work on getting those few leaves off. I just did a water change a few minutes ago. It is a poor quality picture, but they just look like they're going weird and brown at the edges.

Ok. I'm paranoid. You guys know better than me about this. I'll work on getting those few leaves off. I just did a water change a few minutes ago. It is a poor quality picture, but they just look like they're going weird and brown at the edges.

Give it some time, if it seems to worsen, we will do our best to help you out. As of right now, everything seems a-ok!

Give it some time, if it seems to worsen, we will do our best to help you out. As of right now, everything seems a-ok!

Thank you! I know I sometimes think there's a massive problem when it's just something extremely stupid, but I guess that's part of playing with fish. I'll learn as I go. Thanks for all the help!

Thank you! I know I sometimes think there's a massive problem when it's just something extremely stupid, but I guess that's part of playing with fish. I'll learn as I go. Thanks for all the help!

Not a problem :)

Let us know if you need anything else!

Your plant def looks fine. I had a tank with a homemade rock wall that had something leeching which almost killed every plant. I'm relatively new to plants so I just watched what was happening. My apongeton plant had around 13 leaves when I bought it. In that tank it melted down to 3 leaves before I got rid of the wall and saved the tank. Now it has a ton of new leaves, more new ones everyday. So don't worry if yours loses a couples leaves. Plants are pretty resilient.

Back
Top Bottom