Crypt parva

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Twood9615

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey guys I'm still pretty new to the planted side of the hobby and I was looking for a good low light plant to use in the front of my tank, (preferably not moss) and I was wondering if crypt parva would do well. I have about 1.4 Watts per gallon, I'm running a fluval CO2 system, and I dose with aquavitro propel 3 times a week. Would I be able to keep this plant and if not what foreground plants would you suggest?

What kind of light is it and what size tank? WPG is completely irrelevant in assessing light levels.

Hello Twood,
I have some crypt parva in a 16 gallon bow front. This tank has low medium light, I use glut for carbon and use PPS Pro dry ferts.
It is looking pretty good but is an extremely slow grower. After first planting it took about one month for it to start showing any signs of recovery and growth. Mine has been planted for about five months and is only about half again bigger than when first planted. It is still a very attractive plant and is used well as an accent foreground plant or as an accent in front of rock work. It's slender leaves also make for a good contrast with a smooth layer of carpeting plants. If you have the patience it is a plant worth having. IMO. Also it needs a root tab in the substrate close to it as it is a root feeder. Hope this helps, good luck. OS.

Thanks for the info, I was also looking at using staurogyne repens for a foreground plant, do you have any advice or experience with this plant because I think it looks very nice and I would like to use it as well.

Okay well I just ordered the last one from Peabody's paradise so I'm gonna give it a try haha it was only a dollar anyways so we will see, thanks for the help :D

Back
Top Bottom