Crypt wendtii 'green' progress!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrs.h2012

Aquarium Advice Addict
So last saturday my husband and I were out in a town where there was petsmart, I went in and looked over their 'tube plants'. I saw some above them that were in little ziploc type bags. I've wanted to get a crypt wendtii but LFS doesnt have access to them, and I really didn't want to pay to have one shipped to me. So I took a chance and bought it. It was $9, I thought it was just one bigger plant but it turned out to be 4 smaller plants in the bag. So I separated them and it two sort of close together. I did this in two places, one is doing really well and the other is so so. On Sunday I had the idea the inject some liquid ferts Ive been using directly in the sand under where they crypts are planted. I think this has done the trick until I am able to order some root tabs, I think it's grown myself! and my lighting on my tank was an idea I came up with to avoid paying a lot of money for a light fixture. I had seen threads where memebers mentioned they were using cfl's bought from lowes/home depot that were daylight 6500k bulbs. So what I did was I bought some clip on lamps and bought he correct wattage for the lamp in the daylight bulbs and so far it's worked just fine for me thankfully!
image-2190933600.jpg

This was saturday night after we got home and planted it as soon as we got home.

image-3843754319.jpg

Sunday afternoon; before I had the idea to inject the liquid ferts in the sand.

image-2493126633.jpg

Monday night after the I injected the liquid ferts into the sand.

image-2362392152.jpg

And finally today after injecting more liquid ferts last night.

They look great! I grabbed a pack of those the other day to try them out in my shrimp tank LOL!

Almost looks like Cryptocoryne parva.

I love Crypts. We have a seller on AA now for root caps. Good prices. Check the Mart.

It is either that or Crypt Lucens, not exactly sure but it's def not a Wentii.

Looks really good and happy! Keep it up :)

It looks more like Crypt Parva and by the size of it compared to the ram that is Parva sized. Usually the leaves are alot darker green but then without knowing what type of lighting it was grown under that could explain it's color. Also with Parva when grown in lower lighting it grows more upright like this plant. Under high light like my 220g it takes on a more horizontal growth with leaves laying almost flat.

I got the same plant from petsmart and mine went through a horrible stage of algae, melting, so forth but now I finally am seeing the new green tall leaves pop out. On the package it says Crypt Wendtii, but I too dont believe that lol. It looks great!

It looks more like Crypt Parva and by the size of it compared to the ram that is Parva sized. Usually the leaves are alot darker green but then without knowing what type of lighting it was grown under that could explain it's color. Also with Parva when grown in lower lighting it grows more upright like this plant. Under high light like my 220g it takes on a more horizontal growth with leaves laying almost flat.
If any of this helps...
I have it under a cfl bulb in a clip on lamp, its 60w equivalent but only uses 13w (energy saver type) 850 lumens, 6500k daylight.

Back
Top Bottom