crypts & wendti melting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tiger terror

Aquarium Advice Addict
What are,some of the common causes of the melt? I test parameters weekly,religiously do my pwc's ,fertilize regularly with flourish comp& seachem root tabs..lighting on tanks is between 6500k to 7000k...

tiger terror said:
What are,some of the common causes of the melt? I test parameters weekly,religiously do my pwc's ,fertilize regularly with flourish comp& seachem root tabs..lighting on tanks is between 6500k to 7000k...

Did you just recently get them? Sometimes Crypts are grown emersed and can melt as they adapt to below water life.

Predfan27 said:
Did you just recently get them? Sometimes Crypts are grown emersed and can melt as they adapt to below water life.

The newest plant being in tank for over a month& the others for several months..

Predfan27 said:

Also I've noticed baby plants popping up near the the mother plant..

tiger terror said:
Also I've noticed baby plants popping up near the the mother plant..

Hmmm that's odd. Crypts are lower light requirement. Only thing I can think of is that those may have been older leaves and died off naturally. Usually if a plant is producing off-shoots that's a sign that it's in good health.

Yeah that's what I thought as well...still though most of them have lost half their mass in leaves...

tiger terror said:
Yeah that's what I thought as well...still though most of them have lost half their mass in leaves...

Not too worry. Crypts are pretty resilient and will most likely bounce back. Sometimes they go through a melt if adjusting to new water parameters as far as pH goes. Then they bounce back.

Full moon maybe?

Crpyts something throw fits for whatever reason: Maybe you disturbed them, maybe something in your water parameters changed, maybe the temperature chaged. They'll usually grow back fairly fast.

The little plants are just baby plants. Give them a bit to put on some size, and you can move them about your tank.

Back
Top Bottom