CSM+B quick question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jcarlilesiu

Aquarium Advice Addict
Made up a batch of 250 ml of CSM+B a few weeks ago, probably closer to a month, just went up to dose the tank and shook the bottle. I poured it in the cap then in the tank and chunks came out... not like bad milk just small "floaties"... greenish yellow in color and about the consistancy of snot... sorry for the visual. Is that normal? I always dosed with flourish before, so this is my first bottle.

I mix 200ml and I keep it in the fridge. I have never had a problem with the "snot" look but occassionally I will get a particle that didn't dissolve or something. Maybe just try keeping it in the fridge and see if that helps.

I haven't had that problem at all myself. I keep mine in a closed cupboard, the lower one, where I keep plant soils, touch-up paint cans, etc. I have it in a dark lunch bad to keep light out, as well as it being cool and dark in the cupboard, as it's only opened when I'm ready to dose the tank.

I keep mine under the tank.

Also when I mix it up I use 50ml of hot water and shake it real well, then add another 250ml of cold water to the bottle and shake again.

I also have never had that happen ,but am still using the first batch.

Do you ever rinse your cap out in the tank after you pour in the ferts?

if so, that's the source. its just some harmless bacteria feeding off the trace nutrients, which typically only happens when the bottle is both stored at room temp, and the cap gets dunked in the tank enough to introduce the micro-organisms.

its not something that should cause concern.

Back
Top Bottom