Current Nova vs Current Satellite

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ScottS

Aquarium Advice Freak
New to this and am trying to grow easy, lower light stuff (anubias, corkscrew val, etc). The anubias is barely surviving with the cheap hood/light that the tank came with and vals died in short order.

So as I look at new lights/fixture, I am trying to figure this out. In what case would I want the Current Nova Extreme T-5 2x39w versus a Current Satellite CF 1x96w?

Thanks

I think that you would be happier with the T5 lights. From my experience, through the suggestion and advice of Mgamer20o0, I purchased a T5 light for my planted tank. Although it has a lower wattage than my CF lights did, it works better.

What size tank do you have, and what are its dimensions?

I have 2 Nova t5ho fixtures and I love them. I also have a cf fixture. I prefer the t5hos. Plants just seem to grow like crazy under them.

CF aren't bad though. Def better than t8s or incandescent.

I think that you would be happier with the T5 lights. From my experience, through the suggestion and advice of Mgamer20o0, I purchased a T5 light for my planted tank. Although it has a lower wattage than my CF lights did, it works better.

What size tank do you have, and what are its dimensions?

I have a 46 bow front L36.5 x W16 x H21.

Thanks for the prompt replies!

I asked for the tank size/dimensions to see how much water the light would be traveling through. I'd def go with the T5, remember though, that your light is only as good as your reflectors. I purchased my light from here , again through the reccomendatoin of MG.

Back
Top Bottom