Current USA LED+ 20 gallon long?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jackson1

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Would it be enough light to carpet a tank with baby tears? I am hoping that it would be enough light to do that. I really don't want to go with a finnix light. I don't like how they look so cheap.

If the Current USA LED+ isn't enough what about the Fluval AquaSky?

:confused:

What about a finnex 247 looks cheap? Like it's look much more than the current actually. You mayyy be able to get the hc going on a 20 long, going to need co2 and proper ferts though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

What about a finnex 247 looks cheap? Like it's look much more than the current actually. You mayyy be able to get the hc going on a 20 long, going to need co2 and proper ferts though.

Oh yea I forgot about the finnex 24/7. Its just that I am worried if I buy one it will break. Have you had the finnex 24/7?

I will also be using co2. The par levels of the Current USA are 36 at 12 inches.
Since my gravel will be about 2 to 3 inches that should increase my par right?

Finnex offers a great line of aquatic fixtures...I have a Sat + on a tank currently & would choose a finnex over it any day.
My xp lends me the bias I speak of...

sit in silence...

I currently have 3 planted plus and a 24/7 running. They're all pretty sweet. Have a current as well. It's not nearly as powerful but it's still a solid rig. I think you can pull off the hc in the 20.

Finnex might look cheap but they work really well... I don't have a planted plus but I do have a stingray on my 10 gallon and I'm really happy with it.

Finnex are cheap, build cheap but they pull their weight. Current is a better built product but you also lay almost twice as much. Don't let finnex get splash back or condensation and they'll go go go.. currents are water proof so they don't have the corrosion issues.

Finnex are cheap, build cheap but they pull their weight. Current is a better built product but you also lay almost twice as much. Don't let finnex get splash back or condensation and they'll go go go.. currents are water proof so they don't have the corrosion issues.

I may have that problem. I live were its really humid.

What about the Fluval Aquasky? Does anyone know the PAR rating on it?

It's probably about the same par as the current.

update: I just ordered a finnix 24/7 light.

Thank you guys for all the advice and help! :D

I have a current , it's all right but could also be better.
This is a perfect example people to do your homework before rushing out and buying something , at my age I should have known better. Been learning for decades and still learning. LOL

Following. I've been thinking about upgrading my Planted + to a 24/7. I like the idea of always having a little bit of light in the tank in the morning and late night. I currently run a split photo period, which is annoying me on the weekends because I can't see my fish in the middle of the day. Reading the horror stories on Amazon about them dying after a month or problems with the remote makes me reluctant. I hope you'll give us an update after you've run it for a while.

Back
Top Bottom