Current USA Led Plus Lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tiger terror

Aquarium Advice Addict
Is anyone currently using this fixture? I have one on the way for my 20g tall planted tank as I'm trying to get away from the the t5 fixtures I've been using..seems like its petty well made&comes with with a remote as well...

Last edited:
I'm using a pair of 24" Sat+ lights on my 17g rimless at the moment. Getting about medium/high light from it. A single light on your tank would get you in the range of the upper part of low light.

Overall, I love these lights! The customizable color output, presets, and dynamic modes just make these LEDs fun to own. I enjoy having the flexibility of dimming the lights at night or earlier in the day before I have them on full blast for photosynthesis. I also added the new Current Ramp Timer to one of the lights to have a programmed gradual sunrise and sunset 1 hour before and 1 hour after the 2nd light turns on.

I'm using a pair of 24" Sat+ lights on my 17g rimless at the moment. Getting about medium/high light from it. A single light on your tank would get you in the range of the upper part of low light.

Overall, I love these lights! The customizable color output, presets, and dynamic modes just make these LEDs fun to own. I enjoy having the flexibility of dimming the lights at night or earlier in the day before I have them on full blast for photosynthesis. I also added the new Current Ramp Timer to one of the lights to have a programmed gradual sunrise and sunset 1 hour before and 1 hour after the 2nd light turns on.

Is the 100$ worth it to just get low light? In your opinion?

So I have one as well but my plants dont seem to want to grow. Its growing some brown grey algae but nothing green. So many have had success with this light I know its gotta be me. But all anubias needs is to be dropped in the tank I though and it isnt growing.
Also does the ramp timer allow you to
1) set moonlights on a timer
2) set 2 photoperiods (ie turn on at 7am off at 8 am on again at 3 pm)

So I have one as well but my plants dont seem to want to grow. Its growing some brown grey algae but nothing green. So many have had success with this light I know its gotta be me. But all anubias needs is to be dropped in the tank I though and it isnt growing.

Anubis in my tanks catch growth in spurts...could be just adjusting to the tank..how long has it been in the tank?

Is the 100$ worth it to just get low light? In your opinion?

If you're totally content with having a less maintenance tank which is more fish and hardscape focused, then yes I do. If you're not content and you have higher expectations & ambitions, then I'd get a shallower tank or two fixtures like I did. I've seen great shallow tanks like the Mr. Aqua 12g and the ADA 60F using just one of these lights with excellent plant growth. Heck, I might just leave one of these on my parent's 26g bow front and convert all the plants to low light tolerant ones when I move back to Cali.

How long has the anubias been in the tank? How much distance from light source to the plants? Are you dosing ferts & liquid carbon at least?

I have the Single Ramp Timer, the cheapest one. The Dual and the Pro version add extra functionality. You'll have to research that one as I'm unsure what they do exactly.

Last edited:
The anubias maybe has a month in the tank? It is about 6 inches from the light right now. I want to have several at different distances from the light. I dose nothing atm. I have never had to in the past and my other tank does fine without it with the same plants.

The anubias maybe has a month in the tank? It is about 6 inches from the light right now. I want to have several at different distances from the light. I dose nothing atm. I have never had to in the past and my other tank does fine without it with the same plants.

Anubias is one of thee slowest growing plants in the hobby. I wouldn't judge it based on that plant. 6" from the light would grow HC and other difficult plants. But I know for sure it would do significantly better if you started dosing flourish comp and excel.

Anubias is one of thee slowest growing plants in the hobby. I wouldn't judge it based on that plant. 6" from the light would grow HC and other difficult plants. But I know for sure it would do significantly better if you started dosing flourish comp and excel.

Ok what other low light plants will ot grow in a 36 bow? Height would vary.

Yeah Anubias is not a good indicator. Stem plants will tell you how well your system is working

Check out this guy's 12 gallon long using just a single satellite LED+. For comparison sake, check out these sequential videos...

Here's an older video, notice the plant density... not much yet:

Then the substantial amount of pearling from photosynthetic activity:

Then an update after a great deal of growth... it's a capable light and versatile:

The more videos I see&reviews I read gets me alittle anxious to recieve the fixture&put it to work...

Back
Top Bottom