cycling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tiger terror

Aquarium Advice Addict
Concerned,I have a 20g tall with plants in cycling&trying not to do a pwc untill cycle is complete..day 5 my levels were as follows:ph 8.4- ammo .25- nitrite .20- nitrate 20 ppm..what I'm concerned about is the prolonged exposure to my plants by the current levels...any insight on my situation would be appreciated...Thx

I think it should be fine, plants shouldn't be bothered by them, just as long as there aren't fish in the tank. Good luck with your cycle! Are you adding ammonia?

librarygirl said:
I think it should be fine, plants shouldn't be bothered by them, just as long as there aren't fish in the tank. Good luck with your cycle! Are you adding ammonia?

No not using ammo,instead using crushed Cobalt fish flakes for the bb to feed off of to activate the process..

Those aren't high levels at all for cycling. I always use plants for cycling, just expect an algae outbreak. It will pass, don't panic.

Yeah won't panic,trying to get a feeling for using this method of cycling..when ammo approaches the 4-5 ppm i'll do the pwc..also thinking about doing a moss wall on this one...anyone have any luck with doing so?

Day 6 levels as follows:ph 8.4- ammo .50- nitrite .20- nitrate 40ppm..all seems well&progressing..

Update: tank had finished cycling on the 31st&the convict breeding pair have been moved over...also added water wisteria to the current stocking list..new lighting also came in ob the 31st&am pleased with the upgrade so far..

Back
Top Bottom