Day light CFL 5,000K for plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
^Yup. What matters is what it does! Definitely agree on the reflectors.

Cool! I'm working on the reflector now. I'm using aluminum foil. Thanks guys :D

Is this good enough?

Attachments

• image-1991771377.jpg
    image-1991771377.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 55
mfdrookie516 said:
try to smooth it as much as possible... the less wrinkles, the less deflected back up... but looks good

I did better with the second one. Less wrinkly :)

Alright. I think my 20g grow out tank for plants is too small. So, I'm building a 55g dirt and PFS tank. Will 4 13w CFL daylight works? I already have 3 that I am using in my 20. I'll move everything in the 55g. Thanks.

If I buy a new fixture, I won't have any use for the lamps. So it's going to be a waste. If I buy 1 or 2 more it'll only cost me around 30.

Would you consider that a low or medium light(4-13W)?

Ok. I guess I'll just get a good fixture. It'll look better too. I will keep the 20g as well. Thank you.

I guess I know which one I'm getting. If you recommend it I know for sure that it's good. :)

It will be the next I buy. Rook has 3 of em I think, and has a lot of praise. You can't beat the price. They are far more economical than my nova extremes.

the wattage would be by bulb, so 60 x 3. And honestly, 5k isn't for plants. It'll give you a dull washed out leaf color, and stunted growth. You really want 6.5k to 6.7k. You'll notice a huge improvement, and you'll get bigger and faster plant growth. You can by some ultra compact florescent bulbs from lowe's or any other hardware store for about $6 for a 2 pack. No need to buy an ultra awesome led aquarium hood, but you do need the best bulbs possible.

uh.oh... said:
the wattage would be by bulb, so 60 x 3. And honestly, 5k isn't for plants. It'll give you a dull washed out leaf color, and stunted growth. You really want 6.5k to 6.7k. You'll notice a huge improvement, and you'll get bigger and faster plant growth. You can by some ultra compact florescent bulbs from lowe's or any other hardware store for about $6 for a 2 pack. No need to buy an ultra awesome led aquarium hood, but you do need the best bulbs possible.

Isn't CFL compact fluorescent light bulbs?

Actually, it works well in my 20g. Plants are growing like crazy with the help of a DIY CO2. I just didn't want to make another thread and asked if it'll work in a 55g. Plants leaves are broader and growth is twice as fast than in my 125g. The wattage is only 14W per bulb.

Back
Top Bottom