Decorating a Driftwood. Ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kashif314

Aquarium Advice Addict
I bought a bonsai driftwood and its 4 inch tall. Its for my 6 gallon planted tank. I am looking for ideas on giving it a tree shape. Shall I cover it with heavy Moss like dense tree or shall I place moss on edge of branches only. Please suggest.

IMG-20171108-WA0028.jpg
IMG-20171108-WA0026.jpg
IMG-20171108-WA0027.jpg

Thanks.

Do you want to see a ball of green eventually? That video you pm'd me had some really good ideas. Which ones have most appeal for you? Along the English garden theme I think a ball of green.

I like the one at 40 seconds, 34 sec, 1:19 and the last one too similar in style of the 34 sec. I like the 40 sec one a lot. Though not positive on the plant they used.

Do you want to see a ball of green eventually? That video you pm'd me had some really good ideas. Which ones have most appeal for you? Along the English garden theme I think a ball of green.

I like the one at 40 seconds, 34 sec, 1:19 and the last one too similar in style of the 34 sec. I like the 40 sec one a lot. Though not positive on the plant they used.
Yes I checked on times you mentioned. Indeed stunning. My problem is lack of moss varieties. The LFS has only Christmas Moss and my tank is very small but I may make a Moss ball soon maybe in my other tank which doesn't have a carpet though and I never shared that tank here but it is also moderately planted. I am thinking to switching all my tanks to planted and specially with a carpet. This 6 gallon is like an experiment and next projects I will do myself with trials and errors. I hope to do it good. Learning a lot from you all.

This I also made with a normal driftwood for my other tank just as an experiment to see how it grows. Not looking very beautiful but Its like a test thing

Attachments

• _20171111_053456.JPG
    _20171111_053456.JPG
    73.3 KB · Views: 65
Also this I saw in LFS. Very nicely made tree but it was big to have in my tank and apart from that its "not for sale" display tank piece. I tried to argue with the guys but they said its policy to never sell anything from display tank and if I want they can make exactly like this for me a new one but I decide to make now myself everything to get familiar with things for future aquascaping

Video_20171017054913848_by_videoshow_000043.jpg

I have Flame moss in my tank. It doesn't work well for the tree look as it grows up in vertical shoots. Very nice in the tank though. Just an FYI.

Looking forward to seeing what you end up with. I have been thinking of something along that line as well.

I have Flame moss in my tank. It doesn't work well for the tree look as it grows up in vertical shoots. Very nice in the tank though. Just an FYI.

Looking forward to seeing what you end up with. I have been thinking of something along that line as well.

Maybe good for a hedge.

Back
Top Bottom