different color plants?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
now im confused. one post says whoa, 260w is extreme and another says the opposite, but has pics of cool plants @ 260w. maybe 260w isnt extreme? or is it considered a 'high light' tank and does it require co2?

also, i got iceH20's plants in the mail and they look good. nice job, ty.

It depends on the kind of bulb. For a 55 gallon tank with T12 or Hagen bulbs, it is considered Very High Light. For compact flourecents or T8 bulbs (which are both much more common) then it is extreme to have 260w.

Check this link out

Extra light doesn't bring out red, limiting nitrates does. Its most likely that the extra light makes it seem like it causes reds because the plants use the nitrates more frequently.

260W on a 55G is definitely very high light, but managable. CO2 is definitely required. You will just need to make sure you are on with your dosing and CO2, or algae can come on pretty quickly. I am currently running 520W on my 75G, which is just 6 inches or so difference from front to back. Same depth. Even with that light, my red plants are green...

Back
Top Bottom