Differnce between 10 and 6700k for plant growth

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
lol i thought it was odd he said 20 lbs :p i was thinking maybe 5 lbs of each fert.

so the substrate is nice however that will mainly benefit root feeding plants, and those that feed from the water colum (anubias and java being the most common) will still need to a liquid fert, i would recommend floruish comp, potassium, phosphorus, and nitrogen. Reason i recommend all of those is because of the high amount of light you have.

I was mainly concerned with the root feeders the java fern in my pic have on been there for 3 weeks and they were just the roots when I got them and they are about 4-5 inches tall now and looking pretty lush so I'm not to concerned. I wanted the dwarf grass to grow faster I want I to carpet the bottom of the tank

well the substrate will aid in the growth of the dwarf grass, and if the java is doing fine (pretty hard for it to not do fine) then you should be good to go, just keep in mind in the future if you get more plants that feed mainly from the water column you may need those other ferts i mentioned. and on another note the leaves on your java ferns might start to turn transparent and if that does happen its simply because of the high amount of light. it happened to me with my T5HO light fixture, but i just added some floating plants to the top for some shade and it went away overnight

well the substrate will aid in the growth of the dwarf grass, and if the java is doing fine (pretty hard for it to not do fine) then you should be good to go, just keep in mind in the future if you get more plants that feed mainly from the water column you may need those other ferts i mentioned. and on another note the leaves on your java ferns might start to turn transparent and if that does happen its simply because of the high amount of light. it happened to me with my T5HO light fixture, but i just added some floating plants to the top for some shade and it went away overnight

One of my amazon swords is transparent on a few leaves but it was like that when I got it

Back
Top Bottom