Diffuser - Your thoughts on this one

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Those are suppose to be really good but what regulator are you using? The working pressure needs to be greater than 30 psi for it to work.

I use the same diffuser for my pressurized system, but it's the 65mm. It works AWESOME! Lets out a nice fine mist, and floats slowly to the top for a very efficient diffusing method. I have a water circulator at the surface above the diffuser at the bottom so the micro bubble get sucked up and blown throughout the tank. Be sure to get a drop checker too. I use the AquaTek Premium regulator with the integrated solenoid and it works great and works with that diffuser. Haven't tried Milwaukee, but I'm sure it would work.

No problem, whats your plan for the CO2?

Well I need a Co2 tank so I'm going to see if I can get a 5 lb in the stand I have under the tank. It's not to high so if a 5lb cylinder wont fit, I'll do a 10lb outside next to it.

As it sits right now I'm using PPS-Pro w/ dry ferts and running 2 of my 4 t5ho bulbs. I didn't want to run all four without co2 and I get a bit of algae right now, but not much that isn't under control.

From what I've read ( and please correct me here guys ) but I think I'm at the point where if I want a really nice planted tank I need to go to this step in order to also utilize all four bulbs in my lights and turn it into a heavily planted tank, instead of a mild planted tank.

I also dose with excel 2-3 times a week. Have seen some fair growth so far with this but I'd like more.

Of course ANY advice you guys ( and gals ) could give me would be wonderful.

I looked at GLA's site again today for the 65MM diffuser but they are out of stock for anything over the one I originally linked.

I've used their inline version of this before. It's a very solid piece of hardware.

It didn't look too difficult to tie it into the system, but is there a big difference between the inline and the in tank style?

If I went inline I think I'd have to put my output tube lower into the tank and I'm not sure I have the extra hose to get it a lot lower which is why I was thinking in tank and putting it below the output so as to disperse it across the tank.

Back
Top Bottom