Diffusing issues

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tank17

Aquarium Advice Newbie
ok guys so i have my diy CO2 set up in my 10 gallon tank but im having trouble getting the bubbles small enough to disolve into the water, i bought a fine bubble air stone but the bubbles are still to big, so i was thinking about linking my air pump with a T connector to the line going in between the yeast solution and the bubbler, causing more pressure out of the stone and making fine bubbles, is this a good idea?

What kind of filter do you have. I placed the airline directly under the intake, that way it is drawn up through the filter. Also you could get a cheap water pump from petsmart, one with an airline attachment and hook your line to that. Thats what I have on my 56 gal. Or you could take the paper off an unused cigarette filter and jam it into the airline, the end that goes into the water. Hope this helps. I've done all three and they work.

Hmm under the filter sounds good, what about those wooden air stones anyone have any luck with them? As far as making the bubbles fine enough?

Check out you tube, see what they have on video, i think with your size tank i would just use the cigarette filter and place the tube near the filter out put or at the bottom.

Just tried the cig diffuser and it works like a charm:) better than my glass diffuser imo

Yeah the cigarette filter thing works pretty well, but sometimes it just starts making big bubbles for no reason and you have to re-do it. It's worth it though.

I think the more of the filter you stuff in, the smaller the bubble's, I have two that are producing small fine bubble's.

I tried the glass difuser from ebay on my dyi co2. For some reason nothing happened. How long does it usually take for the bubbles to appear? I would like to try it again.

I plugged mine in and had bubbles in the morning. It took a while for the DIY system to push the water through it at first.

Back
Top Bottom