Dirt..and...Discus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jetajockey

come get me tang police!
So I did a dirt tank for a local shop, and they want to put discus in it. Its only a 55 so I'm going to stop at 4 or 5, and the tank needs a few more weeks till I feel comfortable adding them. Anyhow figured I'd make a post on it and do some progress reports and a that. Here's a short video. https://youtu.be/AdbQ9DG0TZM

Sent from my LG-D850 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks, yes that's Rotala rotundifolia planted bouquet style. Its just a basic 55g tank, miracle gro organic choice potting soil, osmocote, blasting sand. Sunsun 303 filter, satellite+ led and 3 10w led flood lights.

Plants include e.Vesuvius, blyxa aubertii, dwarf sag, Amazon swords, kleiner prinz, staurogyne repens, Rotala, crypt parva, Brown, red wendtii, pontederiifolia, costata, undulata, spiralis, balansae,

As far as fish go, currently there are a few paradise fish in there, about 10 neons, 3 Cory sterbai (adding more at some point), 2 rainbow cichlids. The paradise fish will probably come out at some point. I'm planning to add either a couple of longfin gbrs or a pair of nannacara anomala, just depends on their size when they come in. Also a half dozen danio choprae later this week if the water is still in good shape.

How exactly do you personally mix Osmocote and dirt?

Sent from my iPhone with three hands tied behind my back.

Nice build!
I watched video in the am.
I was surprised to see the paradise fish!
You will remove them due to behavior or future compatibility?

I think they are all males, I have a few dozen of them so I added them just to have something swimming the first week while i was setting up. This is at Rhonda's aviary in Milton off of hwy 90.

Nice! I'll have to check it out. You ever go to waterworld in pensacola? I tried to check it out the other day, but it wasn't open yet

Knew I heard some birdies in the background!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I've been there many times over the years. They are pretty good, it's not a huge place but it's not bad. I order most of my fish stuff in now so I don't go there often anymore.

Update: Adding a blood parrot to the tank. Not my favorite fish ever, but it's not my call. We actually have a pair of them but since they spawn regularly I think it's best to separate them.

Later this week I'll be adding some danio choprae if the water checks out.

Back
Top Bottom